International Cricket Council Chief Executive Manu Sawhney has been sent on 'leave' after his conduct came under the scanner during an internal investigation by audit firm PricewaterhouseCoopers and may resign before his term ends.
England's Harry Brook will miss the five-match Test series against India as the middle-order batsman will return home with immediate effect because of personal reasons, the ECB announced on Sunday.
The Emirates Cricket Board has confirmed that it had expressed interest in hosting the Indian Premier League this year if India decides to shift the cash-rich T20 tournament out of the country in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. The 13th edition of IPL was scheduled to start in late March but it was postponed indefinitely due to the global health crisis. There is speculation that the BCCI is looking for an October window to hold the event in case the T20 World Cup in Australia is not held this year.
India's cricketers and staff have been cleared of COVID-19
'If the BCCI's coffers are inundated with funds today, much of the credit must go to Jagmohan Dalmiya.'
CA chief executive Kevin Roberts said the schedule could change depending on the travel restrictions due to the health crisis.
The third Test venue has been the subject of debate after a new community outbreak emerged in Sydney's northern beach suburbs late last week.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) did not sell out to India, England and Australia over the decision to allow the 'Big Three' to effectively take control of the sport, president Chris Nenzani said on Tuesday.
Set to benefit immensely from the structural overhaul of the ICC, the BCCI today unanimously backed the plan which would cede executive decision-making in world cricket to India, Australia and England.
This year's T20 World Cup will likely be held in Australia in 2022 as India doesn't want to swap its 2021 hosting rights with Cricket Australia as of now.
The International Cricket Council will be hoping to end the impasse surrounding the future of this year's T20 World Cup in Australia and sort the nomination process for its next chairman when the board members meet virtually on Wednesday.
Rishi Sunak speaks of 'sting' of racism growing up in UK
The matches in the next edition of the cricket World Cup could be 40-overs-a-side affairs and Test matches reduced to four days if discussions between the chairmen of English counties and the England and Wales Cricket Board are proposed and ultimately accepted by the ICC.
Pakistan has sought advice from the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on creating a bio-secure environment
Details about the life and career of the England all-rounder who will quit Test cricket at the end of the Ashes series.
Pakistan are welcome to continue playing matches in England while security problems persist at home, England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Giles Clarke said.
Moeen Ali had announced a break from Test cricket in September last year after losing out on a central contract for the longest format for the 2019-20 season.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) will not move out of India despite security fears raised by the players' associations of England, Australia and South Africa, tournament commissioner Lalit Modi insisted. Modi rejected any move to shift the IPL to another country after an independent report complied by ECB security advisor Reg Dickason claimed that safety of cricketers cannot be guaranteed during the cash-awash Twenty20 tournament.
England's cricket team, deposed by South Africa as the world's top Test side, has begun the search for a new shirt sponsor after Brit Insurance said it would not renew its contract when it expires in early 2014.
Former India batsman Pravin Amre has tendered his resignation from the managing committee of the Mumbai Cricket Association after being appointed head of Talent Hunt for IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils.
Andrew Strauss has said English cricket could be damaged by the "madness" surrounding the publication of Kevin Pietersen's autobiography.
England called up Warwickshire fast bowler Chris Woakes on Monday for the third One-day International against Australia in Birmingham.
Walee Bukhatir and Mazhar Khan, the men who drive cricket in the UAE, tell Harish Kotian/Rediff.com what the game is missing by India and Pakistan not playing at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
However, ECB chief executive Tom Harrison put the cold water on the prospect, saying that it was highly unlikely that a day-night Test would be there in the schedule when the Ashes series would return to England next year.
England and Australia are to play back-to-back Ashes series in 2013 and 2014 to avoid a clash with the 2015 World Cup in Australia, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) communications and marketing manager Steve Elworthy said on Saturday.
Former West Indies fast bowler Michael Holding criticised England and Australia for not taking a knee in support of the "Black Lives Matter" movement during their ongoing limited-overs series.
England coach Andy Flower and captain Alastair Cook appear likely to retain their jobs despite the disastrous Ashes tour of Australia but batting coach Graham Gooch believes some sort of rebuilding process is inevitable.
The left-arm pacer is expected to join Peter Siddle and Ryan Harris in the Australian attack for the first Test against England starting at Gabba on November 21 after missing out on the Ashes tour of England earlier this year.
Former England all-rounder Trevor Bailey died in a house fire on Thursday, the England and Wales Cricket Board said. Bailey, 87, played 61 Tests during a 10-year international career.
Andrew Flintoff has rejected a central contract from the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in order to have more control over his career, the all-rounder said on Tuesday.
England fans have been asked to stop jeering and respect Australia captain Ricky Ponting in the fourth Ashes Test that starts at Headingley on Friday.
The Indian cricketers will start their outdoor training sessions in Chennai on Monday after successfully completing their six-day quarantine period during which they cleared three COVID-19 tests.
Despite turning down an offer to coach England, John Buchanan could be seen in a consultancy role with Andrew Strauss' team at the forthcoming Ashes series against Australia.
Kent have defended the decision to sign Australian bowler Stuart Clark for the run-up to the Ashes series after criticism from English cricket's chief that the move may help their age-old rivals. Kent announced on Tuesday they had signed the 33-year-old seamer until June as he recovers from the elbow injury which has kept him out of Australia's tour of South Africa.
He expressed hope that it will also benefit a large number of Hindi-speaking umpires and those giving training in this field, to whom the rules in English are hard to understand.
Encouraged by the financial model followed by Cricket Australia and England and Wales Cricket Board, the BCCI is planning to introduce a performance-based incentive for the Indian team for each and every home and away series.
England pace bowler Chris Tremlett has been rewarded for his performances during the tour of Australia with an incremental contract for 2010-11.
Unlike football, which offends the sensibilities of some very conservative Muslims because it is normally played in shorts, cricket is played in long sleeves and trousers, in line with traditional dress codes. It also bears some resemblance to traditional Afghan children's games involving throwing and using sticks to hit smaller sticks or balls.
England's Mark Wood said an attack on former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan was worrying ahead of a three-Test series in the Asian country.